This recipe came to mind one lazy Saturday when I didn’t know what to cook for lunch. There was a packet of bacon in the fridge and plenty of butternuts. I decided to make a quiche with onions, mushrooms, and bacon and added butternut because I love it so much. It is an easy recipe – you are welcome to make a crust for the quiche – I was just looking for something very quick.
If you need help to prepare healthy and delicious recipes, look no further..
I have 4 great recipe books to make sure your family enjoy the most delicious meals.
- 200 g lean bacon chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 mushrooms chopped
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup butternut in small chunks
- 1 cup boiling water
- Oil for frying
- 180 g Gouda cheese grated
- Salt, pepper and spices
- 5 eggs
- 200 ml low-fat milk
- Preheat oven at 180 C
- Fry onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and bacon in a frying pan until brown and crispy
- Cook butternut chunks in 1 cup boiling water in the microwave for 3-4 minutes
- Add butternut to bacon mixture and fry for 2 minutes
- Beat the eggs and milk together and season with salt and pepper
- Use small ramekins (or a normal size flan dish). Spray with Spray-n-cook. Place bacon mixture evenly in ramekins.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over the filling
- Top with 30 g cheese (or all of the cheese if you are using one dish)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Serve with a fresh sala
Number of servings: 6
Please tag me @jacomienel on Instagram when you make this. I would love to see yours..
I think you will also enjoy my quick bread recipe without yeast.