Creamy, fudgy, chocolaty, peanutty, and the best part – quick and easy to make! This peanut butter fudge recipe is gluten-free, lactose-free, and vegan friendly (replace butter with coconut oil if preferred). All you need to make this recipe is a food processor and even if you don’t have it, a stick blender will work just fine.
If you need help to prepare healthy and delicious recipes, look no further..
I have 4 great recipe books to make sure your family enjoy the most delicious meals.
- 1 packet of pitted dates, chopped (250 g)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons golden syrup (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS TO PREPARE THIS PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
- Place the pitted dates in a food processor and mix until a fine paste or a small ball forms. (Add 20-30 ml of milk if you struggle to mix it)
- Add the smooth peanut butter to the dates.
- Mix the cacao powder in
- Add melted butter and mix until a fudgy paste is formed. It’s okay if it looks a little clumpy at this point.
- Taste the mixture and add 1-2 tablespoons of syrup and mix in you have a huge sweet tooth like me and prefer it a little sweeter.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined 20 x 20 cm pan and spread with the back of a spoon until a smooth, even surface is achieved. Top with nuts (optional).
- Freeze until the peanut butter fudge is firm to the touch – about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and slice into squares. If it has trouble slicing, run your knife under hot water to ease cutting.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week, or in the freezer up to 1 month. This fudge does best when kept refrigerated. If it sits out for too long in a warm environment, it can soften.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. When I was asked the prepare a recipe for our local newspaper as part of the Mrs Rustenburg pageant this recipe immediately come to mind. When you taste it you will understand why!
You might also like the following recipes:
Not sure how to get them to eat more fruits and vegetables?
This recipe book is for you: (Click on the link below)