Winter is here and with the icy wind outside it is the perfect weather for pancakes. I am very happy to share this foolproof pancake recipe with you. It took me a while to find a pancake recipe I am happy with. In the past I struggled to find a recipe that is not thick and lumpy or breaks easily but, I made this recipe a few times now and it came out perfect every time.
If you need help to prepare healthy and delicious recipes, look no further..
I have 4 great recipe books to make sure your family enjoy the most delicious meals.
- 450 ml self-raising cake flour
- 2 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil and extra for baking
- Sieve the flour and salt together
- Whisk the eggs until light and fluffy
- Add milk, water, oil and lemon juice to the eggs and mix well
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix well until it is smooth and lump-free
- Cover the mixture and allow resting for about 30 minutes before cooking
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a non-stick pan and pour a big spoon of the pancake mixture into the pan when hot
- Move the pan until the mixture covers the base
- Use medium to high heat to cook the pancakes
- The pancake can be turned when bubbles form on top of the pancake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
Make 8-10 standard pancakes
To make cinnamon sugar
- Mix 100 ml sugar (I use brown sugar) with 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Other variations for pancake filling
- Ice cream and chocolate sauce (mmmmm!!)
- Mince and cheese
- Chicken and cheese sauce
- Banana and caramel treat
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. What is your favorite filling for your pancakes?? Comment in the message section I would really love to hear from you and try your fillings out.
You might also like these recipes:
Not sure how to get them to eat more fruits and vegetables?
This recipe book is for you: (Click on the link below)