This dough is great to work with. You can use it to make delicious bread, bread rolls, or focaccia. You can add also garlic, rosemary, cheese, or whatever else you please.
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 ml salt
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup canola oil
This dough is very versatile and can be used from a number of recipes. I used the dough to make bread rolls before as well as focaccia.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together (Do not sift the flour)
- Mix all the liquids together and add to the dry ingredients
- Stir until you have a ball of dough
- Do not overwork the dough
- Shape the dough as you please depending on your pan
- Slash the surface lightly in a diamond or x shape with a knife to avoid splitting of the crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees.
VARIATION: USE THE DOUGH TO MAKE FOCACCIA
Besides using the dough to make bread you can also use it to make focaccia. It is ideal for a quick snack when you have unexpected (or expected) guests.
- Roll out the dough
- Punch dough with a fork
- Rub with olive oil
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper
- You can add oregano or rosemary for flavor
- I also added garlic, fresh chives, and Parmesan for extra taste
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees.
Please tag me on Instagram @jacomienel when you make this, I would love to see what you do with this dough.
If you need help to prepare healthy and delicious recipes, look no further..
I have 4 great recipe books to make sure your family enjoy the most delicious meals.